Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Elder Oaks Visited!








Sadly one of our investigators-Juan Carlos couldn't come to the conference because his cousin got sick and he went to visit him in the hospital. However, we did get to see him and we had a really powerful lesson where we prayed together to receive an answer. He felt the spirit very strong and is doing great.
This week we've seen a lot of progress in our investigators. We've seen how their testimonies are growing and how they are changing. I love to see how the spirit touches investigators to make changes in their lives. I feel that my testimony and understanding are growing a lot. I am progressing.
We had a little competition, about finding new investigators during the course of two days, with the Elders from Xoxtla and we both found 7!
We have seen some baptismal dates fall through, but we'll just keep working and praying-we've seen miracles, and I'm sure we'll see more. Elder Oaks has given us a huge boost as a Zone. 
I am excited to put into practice the things that I have learned from the conferences. It was cool to see the example of an apostle. I would love to have that kind of consecration and love. I'm working just a little bit at a time. I loved the questions and the answers session. I decided that I won't get a beard after the mission-something I have thought about doing a few times. smile emoticon
We had a split with some of the Elders in our Zone. Elder Gonzalez seems to be doing great. 
We found one of our investigators drunk the other day. He was mad at his girlfriend and he wanted to go beat her (in his drunken state) He grabbed on to me and told me that we were going to go, and all the way he was yelling at people while I tried to talking him out of things. He kept saying that I was his only friend and he was even yelling some mean things to Elder Cook. At some point we just left him on the side of the street-because obviously we weren't going to help him beat his girlfriend. Hopefully they're alright. I'm glad that God has warned us about alcohol. It sucks to see people you love like that.
ELDER OAKS VISITED!
There is a ton that I wrote in a notebook, And I don't have that notebook with me while I'm writing this email sadly. IT WAS GREAT. He, Elder Clayton (President of the Presidency of the Seventy), Elder Valenzuela (Member of the area presidency), and Elder Walker (Also a seventy) were there with their wives and they and their wives all spoke. IT WAS REALLY COOL. I wish I had my notebook to say more.
He did a question answer time and we had prepared questions from ahead, so that they wouldn't be bad questions. One was about how we can keep our spirituality up after the mission. He said that we just need to keep living all of the mission rules after the mission- studies, sleep, everything- accept for the things we can do- like dating, marrying, and swimming. He said that he hates to see Elders come back and grow beards. ‪#‎nobeardforme‬.
Elder Cook prepared a question that got asked which was- what are the attributes of a special witness of Christ? He explained one- which was keeping your view set only on the glory of God.
I also felt that feeling the spirit is just a matter of eliminating the distractions of life and focusing your view on God grin emoticon
There was a lot more-But I'll try to explain more next week. It was really special. 
Anyway, I love you guys. This week has been great.
Love, 
Elder Dazey

No comments:

Post a Comment