Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thoughts on General Conference

It has been getting cooler here, and I think I am getting a lot better at breathing this mountain air :D I did send the snail mail letter, and it should get to you. If it hasn't, that probably means that Katie didn't get hers either. Could you mention to her that I have sent her a letter? I am so glad that you all are so busy and that you get to go to the temple! This week has been great, and I'd love to share some of my experiences with General Conference. 
General Conference was a blast. The first session, I had three questions prepared. How can I receive answers to my prayers? How can I be a better Husband and Father in the future? and, How can I be a better Missionary? Each one of thes questions was essentially answered in the first session :D President Uchtdorf had a whole talk on personal revelation, there were a million and a half talks about families (Especially Elder Scott's talk which I encourage everyone to rewatch/read and apply in large doses), and overall missionary work was a main topic also. I really enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk in the last session, and I think that he perfectly explained why I am here, and why there are 88,033 other missionaries out here with me. (Including my big sis :D) This is it: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/come-and-see?lang=eng 
This is important. This video explains why we share the gospel. I want you all to know. It is also quite entertaining.
Go ahead and pause your reading right now. 
Watch the video.
I will wait.
You have plenty of time.
I don't care who you are. If you have stumbled upon my blog, then welcome. Watch the video.
Thanks :D
So, I had to make a fourth question, "How can I correct behavior with love?" Which was quickly answered in President Eyring's talk were he said that we must show an increase of love, meaning that we must have already shown them love at first. 
Priesthood session was one of those times where you sit down in the choir's seats behind the stand with Prophets of God and just think to yourself about how glorious everything is. It's one of those pipe dreams you put on your bucket list expecting not to come true, and then God displays his infinite capacity to bestow tender mercies. Singing with that choir was fantastic. I only hope that we were able to touch the hearts of every person watching and listening. It truly was glorious. 
After the session, I shook Clay Christiansen's hand, and we went intoa passageway behind the choir seats. I proceeded to see the director of BYU Vocal Point, and found myself shaking his hand and exchanging a few words about my mission and whether I was going to attend BYU. God blessed me. A lot. It was like missionary Christmas. I also shook hands with the General Music Predsident ( I want to say that was his calling) and I thanked him. He responded by saying "Don't thank me, thank God." He's the one who set this up. This was something I had realized while sitting up there. I pleaded with God that I could remember this experience, and I received the answer that I would remember it if I was grateful for it. The church is true. Christ Lives. We have a prophet today. I love all of you and hope that you are doing well!
Love,
Elder Dazey
P.S.- Mom, I am happy. Enjoy the pictures. They are of me and my district.

No comments:

Post a Comment