Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Humility and Happiness



On Thu, Oct 23, 2014
I'm so glad that everything is going well. I heard from Anna that First Ladies had a great concert! You're doing great, Julia, keep it up. 6th chair freshman year? You're a boss.
I can't wait for Mexico. I feel ready. I've learned what I need to go, and I feel that I will be able to understand and speak very well. We've had the opportunity to teach members in Mexico over Skype twice. I understood most of what they said. It is awesome how much more I know now than I did in April. I can even roll my R's. For those of you that don't know, I have always had trouble rolling my R's. I started doing it like the first week that I came. I told the other Elders that I couldn't, and in less than ten minutes they had helped me do it. This is a miracle. The gift of tongues is real. I haven't had any crazy "I used words that I didn't know" experiences yet, but the Spirit has definitely played a huge hand in bringing all things to my remembrance. The gifts of the Spirit are REAL. I have been blessed with them. I have done things I could not have without them. 
 I took my personal study time yesterday to study about humility. I learned so much about it. Any doubts that I have had, any spiritual lack has been severely cut down after studying this. I love you all. Thanks for telling me about the 21 day prayers, Dad. I love to see all of your spiritual progression. Keep reading your scriptures. All of you. The blessings are real. Let Alex hear them too. Keep preparing spiritually. One of my favorite blessings from studying humility is in D and C 67. Go read it. I read Our search for Happiness this week. It was glorious. Perfect for members and non-members alike. (It was actually written towards non-members) Find a copy and read. You will Understand The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints a lot better.
I love you all. Till Mexico.
-Elder Dazey

No comments:

Post a Comment