Saturday, August 8, 2015

Teaching About Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy

 In that family we have been working with, the son is progressing more. No date for baptism yet- but they said that they'd read the Book of Mormon.   I'm learning a lot here and I'm glad to be in His work. I think I know now when I am the 4th missionary and when I am the 3rd. I continually change my view of myself, God and the world. We got some good things done this week. We found some of the less active recent converts we've been searching for. We finally got to teach them! Sadly they didn't come to church, but we now know that there is a lot of work to do with them.
   I was thinking a lot about my boldness as a teacher as I studied chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel this week. One of the less actives we are teaching was in his house trying to sell paintings yesterday. We had already taught him about keeping the Sabbath day holy, and he said he would go to church but didn't. We invited him again yesterday and he said yes. I then invited him to close up shop in that moment. He immediately began to protest saying that he needed to sell on Sundays. He had a hard time understanding why he should not sell on the Sabbath. His wife kept talking to him and I told him that God didn't want him selling that day. I invited him to close up and come to church again and he took a painting off the wall. We helped him close shop. 
J
The district is doing well. Elder Portillo taught a wonderful class about receiving references in the District Meeting this week. The Sisters are hard workers. They are doing very well- they just need a good cheerleader now and then. I'm glad to be serving here with my companion in this district.
 We had a fun weekly planning session this week. I was trying to figure out how to help Elder Portillo take the lead. I pretended to be a new Elder, and Elder Portillo guided the whole thing. He seemed to like it too. I'm here to work with all my heart, might, mind and strength. 
   I hope everything keeps going well with you guys! I'll tell you how my birthday goes next week. I love you MUCHISIMO (So much)! 
-Elder Dazey 




No comments:

Post a Comment