Friday, March 27, 2015

Learning to Apply the Atonement






Well, it's been a great week! We had a lot of meetings, so we didn't get to work as much; however, we have been able to improve this week. We were able to keep up our member present lessons and get some new investigators at the same time. We got 5 new investigators! YES! We also had a really good experience where we were going to a less active member's house to have a lesson, but they moved. (They told us that they would move, and they're still in our area) But someone had already moved into their house. We contacted her and she was very nice and seemed interested. We finally got our map up and we organized our wall chart differently to be the 9 steps to baptism. (Something we have been learning from our zone) Hopefully this will all make us a lot more organized, focused, and effective. We were able to contact quite a few references that we have had for a while this week.
   We had a zone conference and it was a blast! I really enjoyed it, and I learned a lot. President talked about the Atonement to prepare us for Easter. I have been studying about the Atonement and reading in a Liahona that he gave us to help prepare us for the new Easter initiative. He told us about a man he had is life basically ruined by someone else, and how the Atonement helped him forgive that man. After that, I started to think about how the Atonement is working in my life. I realized that I am doing things now that I could not do before. I realized that I am a lot slower to anger now. I realized I am learning not to judge and to forgive more quickly. The companionship inventory that Elder Hale and I had was amazing. Super spiritual. He is growing a lot. He and I have been so much happier. I honestly think that it is because we understand each other more. He is really progressing and becoming a better Elder every day, and we have talked in Spanish like nobody's business this week! J (It's been one of our goals for a while) I have learned more about how I can have charity, and the Atonement has been present in every step of the process.
   We had been hoping to baptize this next week, but our potential candidate got a job and moved away for like 4 months. Aww man. We had a date with Armando and Alondra for the 4th of April that we moved to the 11th (They are family of Maria Elena who we baptized a month and a half ago). We have to get through a marriage, they need testimonies, and more church attendance, but we did just have a powerful lesson about The Book of Mormon, so hopefully that has helped. We also have investigators that have been almost constantly on edge of giving up. They like the lessons because they like to learn, and they have been to church once. The husband is not progressing, but the wife has been reading the Book of Mormon and has a testimony that it is true! She is still afraid to change because she is Catholic, but we talked about how she now also knows that this is the only true church, so hopefully she comes through just fine. We have been working hard, and each day we work just a bit smarter. It feels good. I've been changing a lot. Changes make me happier. You won't see the same person walking into the airport when I get home. I haven't been sick for all of Elder Hale's training. No leaks from the rain in our apartment, and a hot shower every day mom XD    I'm really happy right now. Well, I love you, and I hope that you all have a great week! 

-Elder Dazey 

No comments:

Post a Comment