Tuesday, January 27, 2015

First Week with My New Arrival

My son is from Idaho. His name is Elder Hale. He has had two years of Spanish, so he can teach the lessons and communicate. His Spanish isn't perfect, but we'll learn a lot together. I'm so glad you've been able to go to the temple so often. I'm jealous....I'd like to set up a time that my companion and I can go. I don't know how the president is with that. I'm so glad that you are starting to make progress with those programs for Alex. It's okay that you have no snow, because I don't have any either. I have felt quite obedient this week. We've learned a lot of stuff. and Elder Hale is learning a lot. Thank you for your encouragement and love. I can feel your prayers. Elder Hale and I hit it off really well. He said the first day that he was a big Disney fanatic. He reminds me a lot of Jake. His favorite movie is The Little Mermaid. My first day with him I wrote in my journal that he seems "really chill." Haha, I almost never say that. We like a lot of the same things, and we are better friends every day. He is actually from President Stellmon's ward in Idaho. Pretty nuts. President actually called his Mom when he got here, and he promised her that he'd learn a lot and grow his testimony. Super cool. It's been really different being the senior companion. I already know the area, but I have a new companion and I have to help him with his Spanish and teaching and stuff. I should take more cool pictures...sorry I get distracted. We took a picture of my mission family all the way through my son's great grandpa, who also happens to be one of our Zone Leaders. Being a trainer will help me learn a lot. I'm already learning many things, and as I look to the future I know that everything will get even better. Keep sending me encouragement, because it is a little bit stressful being a trainer. I love you guys! We got to do some service this week in the church, and I've had a fun time trying to help the other elders in my district try to get place to place, because neither of them know their area. We didn't do anything particularly fun or exciting, but we have been working hard, and our plans are going well. I feel more and more guided by the spirit every day. As for the work, I had a great surprise this week. We got a new Mission Leader, and I know that he will magnify his calling, because he was already helping a lot before he was a ward mission Leader. I'm trying to have Elder Hale teach everything that he can, and then I fill in things that he misses, so basically he starts to teach all of the lesson, and I just explain to make sure that the investigators understood. This week we are visiting a family every day to prepare them for their baptism on the 7th of February. Elder Hale will have experience teaching every lesson by the end of this week. He is making cards to go with his pamphlets to remind him the points he needs to teach during the lessons. He's doing really great. He was able to invite 2 people to be baptized. He's learning a lot, and we're going to progress and learn a lot together during his training. I hope that we can do everything that the Lord needs from our companionship. I got your christmas letters this week :D One from you guys and the other from Pappap and Grandma Lois. It was nice :D I did by some pants with the money you gave me. They're super cool pants. I love you guys so much, and I am praying for you! -Elder Dazey

No comments:

Post a Comment