Monday, January 5, 2015

Becoming the Fourth Missionary

This week was really good. We didn't get to do as much, because I was a little sick for a few days, but I'm better now. We started going through all of the old investigators to try to clean out our area book. It has been very good for the work. We continue to have new investigators, and some of our new investigators are doing the homework we leave them. We planned this week for the people we would focus on, and we found a lot of people that we haven't seen in a few weeks in the street and set appointments to return. I'm starting to set goals to make my mission better every day. We found someone in the street that happened to be family of a previous investigator. We had been trying to get in contact with that family. He walked past us and he just had a big smile on his face, so we talked to him. He said that he had been baptized 5 years ago but not received the Holy Ghost. It was a miracle to find him, and we invited him to church. He couldn't go, but hopefully we can get him active again and baptized again if he needs it. We have felt very bold with the Spirit this week. We spoke boldly. With some of are investigators who live together we taught The Law of Chastity and The Word of Wisdom. We were just going to share a short scripture, but I decided to start teaching from The Ten Commandments, and Elder Sosa jumped on those two commandments. They accepted to live them. Hopefully they will progress quicker and choose to change. I have felt this week that I have had more opportunities to teach, and that the spirit has helped me have more charity. I love this work more and more. I read a little more in The Fourth Missionary and thought about how I can leave my desire behind and allow God to make his desires and mine the same. Every time I think about it it gives me strength. Every time that my thoughts are focused on the people I am serving, I feel better. We had a district activity today. We made tacos that were really good, and played a few games. I'm glad that everything is going well back home. President asked us to study a chapter of Preach My Gospel every week. It has been very edifying, and I bought a binder to help me
organize all of my studies better. I love you guys, and I hope that life is beautiful and that you all have a great week ;D Love, Elder Dazey

No comments:

Post a Comment