Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Mission is the Preparation for Life

I think everyone get's pretty tired towards the end of their mission and I was just reading in my Patriarchal blessing and it says twice the exact same phrase. Once talking about missionary work in my life- and the other time about service and leadership in the church. It says the same words both times - "Know that the Lord has much work for you to do." I pondered that for half of my study. It says the same words TWICE. God commands me at the beginning- "Know." Know this Elder Dazey- The Lord has much work for you to do. 
 So I have much work to do- says the Lord. I am not to be a missionary just right now- but forever- and this was just kind of the training. If I feel tired now- then I don't really understand what is ahead. I need to "know." President Eyring gave a talk about acting in all diligence-
 
"When I find myself drawn away from my priesthood duties by other interests and when my body begs for rest, I give to myself this rallying cry: “Remember Him.” The Lord is our perfect example of diligence in priesthood service. He is our captain. He called us. He goes before us. He chose us to follow Him and to bring others with us...From the cross on Calvary, the Savior announced, “It is finished.”11 Then His spirit left His body, and His mortal remains were placed lovingly in a tomb. He taught us a lesson by what He did in three days in the spirit world, before His Resurrection, which I remember whenever I am tempted to feel that I have finished some hard task in His service and deserve a rest. -President Eyring
   I can't give up- and I will not. Therefore I do not expect a rest when I get home. Missionaries call returning home "dying." If I am to "die" than I shall do as my Captain- and I will keep working even when I am dead. I do not expect life to be easy when I come home- and I did not and do not expect you all to have changed. I love you all very much- and It is only possible to progress together as a family. My work as a missionary will not be done- ever- As part of still being a missionary I will be expected to keep the same purpose- Inviting people to come unto Christ should be engraved on my heart. Therefore- I will- no matter the condition of my own family upon coming home- do everything in my power to not lose that vision- and invite you all- and everyone else to come unto Christ. I was - as many- born to bring the world His Truth. You need not be ashamed of imperfections, Mom- We all have our trials. Elder Holland taught us the remedy to this. 

"First of all, if in the days ahead you not only see limitations in those around you but also find elements in your own life that don’t yet measure up to the messages you have heard this weekend, please don’t be cast down in spirit and don’t give up. The gospel, the Church, and these wonderful semiannual gatherings are intended to give hope and inspiration. They are not intended to discourage you. Only the adversary, the enemy of us all, would try to convince us that the ideals outlined in general conference are depressing and unrealistic, that people don’t really improve, that no one really progresses. And why does Lucifer give that speech? Because he knows he can’t improve,he can’t progress, that worlds without end he will never have a bright tomorrow. He is a miserable man bound by eternal limitations, and he wants you to be miserable too. Well, don’t fall for that. With the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the strength of heaven to help us, we can improve, and the great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don’t always succeed....
   Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christ-like virtues and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep going. If you fall, summon His strength. Call out like Alma, “O Jesus, … have mercy on me.”
7 He will help you get back up. He will help you repent, repair, fix whatever you have to fix, and keep going. Soon enough you will have the success you seek." -Elder Holland (Tommorow  The World will do wonders Among You- 2016 April Conference)


   My companion and I had just had a long conversation about different subjects that helped me understand what God wanted to say to me. We talked about how God does not "remember" our sins after we repent (D an C 58: 42). I can't say that what I am about to say is doctrine but I believe that God still has the knowledge of our sins- but chooses not to remember. There are only two purposes of remembering- progression and helping others progress. God only remembers if it will help us learn. He has all knowledge and cannot learn anything- his progression is in creation of new worlds. So too, if we are to be as God- we must remember something to progress, and we must remember to help others progress- if not- we should choose not to remember. Not forget- because we can't and won't- but choose not to remember. So if we must repent. Let us do it- with our "want" to improve as Elder Holland says. Afterwards- Let us remember Lot's Wife- and chose not to remember our tainted past.
   I invite you all to put one goal to complete with the will of GOD in some way before I come home. It can be anything. I only invite you to be diligent- and to do it with a smile :D Will you do it? I love you all and I know that things can look hard- but don't worry- God knows that we are imperfect and he will be patient. You will find blessings in doing the little things that lead us to God.
Also- God told me in my Patriarchal blessing "You have been born into a righteous home." and it talks a lot about you two as my parents, how much you love me, and how I should honor you. You are the best parents I could imagine- and you have made a righteous home for us as your children. I am eternally and completely grateful for all that you have given me. I don't have that much time to explain it all- But I pondered on that this week also. Thanks :D I LOVE YOU. I am grateful that God could give me two of his most chosen, hard-working angels to be my parents.
Love,
Elder Dazey



PS> We had 4 investigators at church this week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment